therefore, Henry Ford has murdered thousands of ppl. because he invented the car
(don't argue the invented part... this is an analogy).
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
So, what should we have? Vespucci Day? Rolfe/Smith Day?
Ericsson Day gets my vote.
Okay we'll throw disease out since that seems to have been okay and just credit the murders of the Natives he ordered to be carried out - he killed many people, even his own crew for not following orders.
His men moved in and took over the lands and continued all over, why should he be rewarded for that? He didn't do anything, hell he didn't even claim the land for Spain didn't he? The guy was convinced until he died that he was on the coast of Asia. He didn't lead really anything, he stumbled on South/Cental America and left some men there, only here would someone get a holiday for this.
Ericson would get my vote, hell him even John Cabot besides Columbus. Columbus did absolutely nothing and was one of the ****tiest human beings while doing what he did do, yet he has a holiday?
He didn't lead to anything? He just stumbled upon it is true, but his stumbling led to the immigration of thousands to the Americas.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Bookmarks